Mother Hubbard's Cupboard

A look into the mind of one of the most random, crazy people in all the land.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

A Lutheran seminarian eagerly awaiting the return of Our Lord. Soli Deo Gloria!

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Seminary Thoughts and Huge Decisions

Congratulations on acceptance to Seminary McG. God bless!

Funny Video of the Day: Listen to how excited everyone responds with "He is risen indeed, Alleluia." I think I heard a snore in there!



Daily Lectionary: Old Testament-1 Kings 7:51-8:21
New Testament-2 Cor. 3:1-18
Psalms: Morning - 122
Evening - 141, 90


Icon of the Day: The Theotokos Icon where St. Seraphim Sarov prayed for 1000 days.


Good news! My friend Chris McGarvey (McG) left this morning for St. Tikhon's Orthodox Seminary. The icon was the one he gave to a mutual friend of ours who is a Unitarian. Aaron, our Unitarian friend and I grew up together (he lives across the street from me) and he grew up going to a megachurch of the non-denominational tradition. He was very put off by all of it. While talking to McG however, he is growing in his appreciation of traditional Christianity. Perhaps, God willing, he will become a Christian again. McG's mother wants him to accompany us to our Christmas Even candelight and our Good Friday Tenebrae service. McG still loved our Christmas Eve Candelight service, because he and I have gone to church together all of our lives.


On top of that, I have made a decision after much agonizing thought and prayer. I will not finish my M.S. next year. I will take the year and do six hours at a time of philosophy/business/psychology classes at I.C.C. for cheap and will attempt to enter Concordia Theological Seminary next academic year. There was deffinately God working in my decision, as those who disagreed with it became understanding and calm....they didn't flip out on me which I was expecting some to do, primarily my father, who appears to be behind me 100%...or at least 95%. Pray for his salvation. The same goes for my old advisor at Bradley, Dr. Foster. He usually acts very atheistic, yet when I told him my plans he seemed to understand and really respect them. He usually tells you like it is, so I figured he would just be disappointed.


I'm off to see my DCE friend get installed in East Moline! Later.


1 Comments:

Blogger Kletos Sumboulos said...

Does that pastor have a phobia of balloons? He seems to run in fear. Doesn't he have veto power? Perhaps he used his one veto on the 'spider release' idea.

The congregation said Alleluia like they weren't sure how to pronounce it and didn't want to embarrass themselves.

Congratulations on the decision to enter seminary.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home