Mother Hubbard's Cupboard

A look into the mind of one of the most random, crazy people in all the land.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

A Lutheran seminarian eagerly awaiting the return of Our Lord. Soli Deo Gloria!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Win Some and Lose Some

Hey all. It's been a long time since I've posted anything of substance, so I'm going to give a general update.

First year at seminary went fine. I mostly got A's, but I was a little disappointed with my Gospels I, II grades, which were both B's. However, I managed to get an A from Dr. Nordling (I think the only one he's given since he's been at Concordia) on my paper regarding the Words of Institution in Matthew's Gospel. I also got B's in Hebrew I and II. Aside from that, I loved my history and exegetics classes. I was a little disappointed by the systematic and liturgical classes though.

However, after my first year of seminary, I've come to the conclusion that ordination is not for me. I've begun the process of switching out of the MDiv program and pursuing academic interests in historical theology. As a result I'll graduate next year with an MA in Religion. Due to some recent discussions with Calvinists, I'm anxious to work on the theology of the sixth ecumenical council and St. Maximus the Confessor. I've become convinced that at times when referring to the natures of Christ, Calvinists tend to the Nestorian, but when it comes to the will, they are Monothelites, which is itself an extension of Monophysitism and ultimately a form of Apolinarianism.

I met a lot of good people at seminary, but sadly, two of my close friends are doing years in the study abroad program. Matt Moss will be in England and Travis Berg will be in Germany. Mike Miller gets married this Summer (though since I can't find a job to save my life I don't know if I'll be able to make it). I reconnected with a friend from University who teaches Paleontology at Duke in Oklahoma, and he ardently discusses the creation/evolution debate.

Aside from theological discoveries, I have to admit that aside from Christology, I'm not learning a whole lot about systematics (even in that class a lot was review for me). I learned more systematics in church history I.

This Summer, if I can't find a job, I'll be reading and reviewing my languages and history, but also making movies on youtube...especially since I've found a text-to-speech program that lets you make 6 minute cartoons in less than an hour. I'm in the middle of doing a series on the history of Christology, aimed at explaining to Calvinists why some of us accuse them of Christological difficulties at times.

The only thing I'm going to ask for prayer is for a family member very close to me that has cancer. We've caught it early, but prayer is always good in this situation.

Glory to God for all things.

41 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I've just come across your videos on youtube - very interesting. I'm a Reformed Christian, who's beginning to become more and more interested in Lutheranism - especially your Christology.
Just a quick question, could you recommend a good Lutheran Systematic Book. Oh and if Christ is really, truly bodily present in the Supper, how is coming again to the earth really that different - I mean if He's here all the time anyway?

Keep up the good work,
S

2:23 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

S,

I apologize if you posted this a while ago...I haven't checked this in months. I would recommend the late Dr. Francis Pieper's "Christian Dogmatics," particularly vol. 2 which deals with uncreated grace (contra Rome) and the person of Christ (contra Reformed).

The issue is not whether or not Christ is on earth or in heaven when it comes to the 2nd coming...it is in HOW He comes (namely, in glory) and very visibly to judge the living and the dead.

4:20 PM  
Blogger 自己 said...

great ...........................................................

4:59 AM  
Anonymous オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

1:00 PM  
Blogger brett said...

“Wow” you are a genius for sure what great ways to get ranked high and obtain good traffic flow from your article. Thank you for sharing your information it was very good reading for sure. I am looking forward to any more of your articles you produce in the near future.
study abroad

10:15 PM  
Blogger 假日的 said...

When everything is coming your way, you are in the wrong lane.............................................

9:30 PM  
Blogger 無尾熊可愛 said...

may the blessing be with you.........................................

8:12 PM  
Blogger pass said...

成人無碼片線上看18限成人影片論壇成人鴛鴦成人影片鴛鴦吧成人影片a正妹百人斬a影片免費看a騙bbsx693bonbonme線上觀看bt成人分享bt免費論壇bt後宮cb 倉井空影片cb倉井空影片cf聊天室dudu貼片dudu嘟嘟區dvd 卡通色情片a影片卡通a網情色片a漫網址a色情圖片a免費卡通影片a免費看片a免費情色影片a免費影片觀看a免費線上直播a免費線上觀賞a我愛78論壇視訊辣妹亞洲情色風暴貼圖交友聊天找e爵aio交友愛情館

7:12 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

...I think there be viri on this blog!

12:01 AM  
Blogger 志文志文 said...

路過--你好嗎..很棒的BLOG.........................................

12:58 AM  
Blogger 嘉容嘉容 said...

I love readding, and thanks for your artical...................................................

5:27 PM  
Blogger CelsaNaj966 said...

Two heads are better than one.......................................................

3:04 AM  
Blogger 宏來 said...

此處是值得一探究竟的好部落格!!.........................

6:18 AM  
Blogger GriselJuhasz said...

great msg for me, thanks a lot dude˙﹏˙

8:27 PM  
Blogger 許冠廷 said...

青春一逝不復返,事業一失難有成。.............................................

6:14 PM  
Blogger 裕以 said...

微風成人 ut視訊交友 彩虹聊天 a免費線上 手機視訊交友 女優露點影片 性感車展美女 av影片下載 走光+偷拍+自拍 彩虹視訊聊天室 85cc 情趣 18h 可愛視訊少女 85ccst影城 歐美a片論壇 007情色小說 自拍色情圖 彰化一夜情聊天室 s383影城 完美女人工廠 影音視訊聊天 做愛美女 視訊辣妹網 人妻自拍 歐美熟女做愛成人 視訊成人網 空姐性愛影片 aa圖免費看 美女寫真貼圖 85cc免費成人 成人短片 情色貼圖 視訊聊天 杜蕾斯貼圖區正妹牆 正妹援交 嘟嘟情人色網貼圖 鋼管秀 avvcd 洪爺影片城 國中大奶f sex888免費影片 色遊戲下載區 巨乳人妻影片 性貼圖 後宮 限制級遊戲 0204成人電影 免費性愛貼片 走光照

5:15 AM  
Blogger 韋于倫成 said...

快樂的微笑是保持生命康健的唯一藥石,它的價值千萬,卻不要花費一文錢 ..................................................

11:37 AM  
Blogger 紫倫妍勳 said...

愛情是一種發明,需要不斷改良。只是,這種發明和其他發明不一樣,它沒有專利權,隨時會被人搶走。..................................................

11:18 PM  
Blogger LeanneC珮瑜 said...

人生是故事的創造與遺忘。............................................................

6:20 AM  
Blogger saa said...

活是一種鍛鍊靈魂的東西......................................................

4:25 AM  
Blogger 宛齊陳 said...

Man proposes, God disposes...................................................................

5:59 PM  
Blogger 林奕廷 said...

期待你每一篇文章......................................................................

7:53 PM  
Blogger 江婷 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」......................................................................

10:08 AM  
Blogger 峻帆峻帆峻帆 said...

閒來無聊逛逛blog~~跟您打聲招呼~~.................................................................

9:22 PM  
Blogger 貴寶 said...

人生是故事的創造與遺忘。............................................................

7:39 AM  
Blogger 天花天花 said...

成功多屬於那些很快做出決定,卻又不輕易變更的人。而失敗也經常屬於那些很難做出決定,卻又經常變更的人.................................................................

3:15 AM  
Blogger 許紀廷 said...

每次看完你的文章,總是回味許久,要經常發表喔。..................................................................

10:15 AM  
Blogger 吳婷婷 said...

脾氣與嘴巴不好,就算心地再好,也不算好人~~~..................................................

3:16 PM  
Blogger 添d卉王賴uou珮甄賴賴 said...

謝謝格主的分享..................................................................

9:48 PM  
Blogger 雲亨雲亨雲亨 said...

很用心的部落格 路過留言支持 .................................[/url]...............

4:41 AM  
Blogger 潘凱花潘凱花 said...

多謝美味的心靈雞湯................................................................

7:44 PM  
Blogger 淑慧 said...

道歉是人類一定必要的禮節..................................................

2:22 PM  
Blogger 琬安琬安 said...

單純喜歡你的部落格 要繼續發表好文章喔..................................................................

3:43 AM  
Blogger DaniloM_W志竹olff0615 said...

雖天地之大,萬物之多,而惟吾蜩翼之知。..................................................

12:00 AM  
Blogger 曉雨賴 said...

A friend in need is a friend indeed.............................................................

2:46 AM  
Blogger 劉林育雅嘉韋 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼....................................................

6:02 AM  
Blogger 姜鴻林奕宏琬 said...

我愛那些使自己的德行成為自己的目標或命定的人................................................

12:53 AM  
Blogger 姜堯林智超玟 said...

世界上沒有本來就應該的事,因為老天爺也沒有劇本..................................................

8:32 PM  
Blogger 怡靜怡靜怡靜怡雯 said...

要保持更新呦,加油!!!期待你的新文章!!!............................................................

4:21 AM  
Blogger 琬群學葉安高 said...

這不過是滑一跤,並不是死掉而爬不起來了。..................................................

5:43 PM  
Blogger 廷淑君淑君伸 said...

生命的意義,是在於活的充實;而不是在於活得長久。............................. ...................................

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home