Mother Hubbard's Cupboard

A look into the mind of one of the most random, crazy people in all the land.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

A Lutheran seminarian eagerly awaiting the return of Our Lord. Soli Deo Gloria!

Monday, July 31, 2006

.....NEDM?

Funny links of the day:
Lion-O messes up his line
Optimus Prime was pissed!
Um......did this happen last season?
What in the hell?
That green blooded heathen!
LOL!
Clinton gets PWNED!

Quick note on weekly Holy Eucharist: If it's a Sacrament, and it is a central institution of Christ....why NOT have it each week when the congregation gathers.....to argue against it seems to be minimalism. I don't understand what it is with the LCMS that discussions like this NEED to go on. Yes, we understand that in order to swell our ranks we water down our traditions to the point where Lutherans feel they aren't related to the Catholic Church and that Roman Catholics go to Hell......oh wait, that's not what preaching in truth means.

I almost give up on talking about this idea. People are in such a rush to join the mainstream evangelical movements in our synod, it wouldn't surprise me if I saw a WWJD from an official synod publication or product in the next ten years................why God?

Man, I'm tired.

2 Comments:

Blogger cheryl said...

"Why?" is a very good question.

I think some of it, is an "American" thing. Catholicism (in any stripe, be in Anglicanism, Lutheranism, Rome, ect.) has not fared well here in the States. Each of those churches I mentioned have succumbed to either mainstream Protestantism or liberalism in their own way. One only has to go to Mass in any number of RC churches to know what I mean.

Perhaps it's the individualism that has so permeated our culture. I don't know.

But, you're right...there shouldn't even be a discussion as to whether or not Communion should be received weekly. The fact that there even is a discussion, goes to show I think, the low sacramentology of many in the Lutheran churches.

I tell you one thing though Chris, as "dangerous" as many Lutherans consider RC theology to be...they ought to be more afraid of what's going on in their own churches. At least the RC at the end of the day, has despite it's errors, the necessary means to sustain itself spiritually (ie the preaching of the Word/Liturgy and the Sacraments, not to mention a proper Christology). On the reverse, it's downright scary some of the things I've heard come out of the mouths of many who claim to be protestant, not the least of which is rank heresy where Christology is concerned. A lack of proper Christology is one of the most dangerous things a church will ever have to deal with....and I just hope many in the Lutheran Church wise up to that, instead of being so paranoid about those they deem "closet-romanist" and those things they regard as "too catholic".

6:40 PM  
Blogger Orycteropus Afer said...

Hello, Chris. I can't believe it's taken me this long to find you. I hope that others won't have that problem, now that I've given you a proper introduction at the Alley and added you to the Big Blogroll O' Vark.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home