Mother Hubbard's Cupboard

A look into the mind of one of the most random, crazy people in all the land.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Peoria, Illinois, United States

A Lutheran seminarian eagerly awaiting the return of Our Lord. Soli Deo Gloria!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Good Friday - The Earthly Coronation and Enthronement of Our Lord

Old Testament: Exodus 12:29-32; 13:1-16
New Testament: The Epistle to the Hebrews 6:1-20
Psalms: Morning - 22
Evening - 107; 130

Holy And Great Friday



Last Seven Sayings of Our Lord Jesus (ESV):
1. "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do."
2. "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."
3. "Woman, behold, your son....Behold, your mother."
4. "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
5. "I thirst."
6. "It is finished."
7. "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit."

Orthodox Daily Office (Troparion): 6th Hour/Noon - "O You who on the sixth day and hour nailed to the cross the sin which rebellious Adam committed in Paradise, tear assunder also the bond of our iniquities, O Christ our God, and save us."

9th Hour/3pm - "O Christ God, Who at the ninth hour tasted death in the flesh for our sake, put to death the arrogance of our flesh and save us."

Concluding Prayer of the Noon Daily Office (according to pg. 296 LSB): "Blessed Lord Jesus Christ, at this hour You hung upon the cross, stretching out Your loving arms to embrace the world in Your death. Grant that all people of the earth may look to You and see their salvation: for Your mercy's sake we pray. Amen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home