Quick note.....this will be inflamitory, it will contain language not suitable for younger audiences, and if you have trouble understanding the big words, a dictionary might help.
But seriously, I'm not here to give a sermon, talk about my love life (or lack thereof), but to rant. I just want some good damn ranting! And not just ranting. Intellectual ranting that actually makes a point and provides solutions. Wait, is that a social commentary then????
Anyway, to business!
1. Tomorrow (September 8th) is the feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
2. Mad props to Concordia Publishing House for releasing a new hymnal that not only offers more liturgical options....it adds feast days for the OT saints, and many of the ones after the New Testament!!!! It's about time Missouri (misery) Synod!!!
3. Alright......the adult part. I heard today that there was going to be an ABC docudrama of five hours that is called "The Road to 9/11." It apparently didn't show the Democratic party during Clinton's presidency as very helpful.....not on purpose.....but through incompetence.....in stopping terror, particularly the acts leading to 9/11 which were able to have been stopped. However, President Clinton complained about the movie and wanted it either edited or pulled. Last I checked, the docudrama released right after President Reagan's death didn't portray him in a friendly light (let alone accurately which the ABC movie did), yet it was still shown unedited. Now however, ABC caved in and edited the show. What the hell?! I agree with the callers to Michael Savage (who I don't agree with often at all!) who were from Russia and China and who said this is scary because it mirrors what the communist government did to the media!
You know what happened when Michael Moore shit out Farenheit 9/11 and Bowling for Columbine? My side made rebuttal movies! Similarly, when the Vietnam Veterans who served with John Kerry wanted to give a campaign commercial/special......it was pulled or highly edited.....I can't remember which. Why is it when a movie comes out favoring the Democrats it is highly praised, unedited, and given awards, but when a movie comes out that might make people think Clinton wasn't the Herculean god every liberal and idiotic schoolchild thinks, it is highly criticized, edited, or threatened to be pulled!
Of course this isn't so surprising coming from the same people who think that we have no business in Iraq because Bush lied about WMDs (p.s. he didn't, they did have pre-Gulf War I weapons [one of his own generals admitted to them being shipped to Syria and one of his own scientists before the second Iraq War confirmed that they were pushing for nuclear capabilities]....but that isn't highly talked about), or who think we are detaining military hostages from terror groups illegitimately. Christ, these people in one breath call Bush an evil nazi similar to Hitler at the worst and a stupid, dangerous idiot at best and then sit there with their thumb up their butt and ponder whether evil really exists! If you want to defend the terrorists so damn much move to fucking Sudan, Afghanistan, Iran, or Saudi Arabia....especially you women, and see how nice they are.....yeah, see how much you'll be BEGGING to come back to the "evil imperialist" United States. Nothing angers me more than to see people in this country spout freedom of speech while holding up the flag which continues to their ass and further to their feet which they are trodding upon it with. You have a right to be a dumb stupid idiot who takes their rights for granted......just be prepared to deal with people like me who have the right to be pissed at you for being the dumb stupid idiot who takes their rights for granted.
4. Harvard is going to have the former president of Iran speak at an assembly.......the day before the fifth anniversary of 9/11. Wow, someone wins the sensitive PC but not really because I'm a hypocritical ass award. I shouldn't be surprised. I saw this on Hannity and Colmes on Fox yet they never talked about how that one Black Panther chick came to speak at U of I (Allen Hall), or the Latin King (the rapper who had the two black teardrops next to his eyes.....that means he killed two people in prison......just letting you know that if you couldn't figure it out.....oh, and the Latin Kings is a gang.....a bad one) who spoke at our Student Union, or the former top ten ecoterrorist who just got off the list and was presumed dead like, a week before (Allen Hall).....how did they work THAT one out??? When one moderate scholar came to speak (Daniel Pipes at Foelinger Auditorium), you'd think Satan himself were coming there was so much outrage in the Palestinian groups that Dr. Pipes has said on his website that University of Illinois is the worst school he had ever been to. Yep, my alma mater was caring for terrorists WAAAAAY before Harvard.....I guess we had to be top in something besides ugly drunk frat chicks.
5. The National Center for Science Education (NCSE) has long been a non-partisan, non-religious group made up of men and women of faith and non-faith to defend the teaching of evolution in the schools.......or so they claim. However, even a cursorial reading of their literature and a perusal of their staff show that several things are obvious:
A (I'm already numbering this....so letters will do). Their speakers are all atheists, Jewish, or Episcopals (and not the ones the Anglican Church will most likely keep in fellowship pending their next huge meeting....yes, it sounds like the 3rd world countries who are Angilcan are mad that the Archbishop of Canterbury hasn't done anything about the female clerics, homosexual clerics, etc. that the Episcopal Church is doing.....so at the next meeting, Episcopal and Anglican might not mean the same thing in different parts of the world). So let me get this straight.....I get to hear about how evolution is right over Scripture from an athiest, a Jew, or an Episcopal in my congregation???? Sweet! I'm sure that most of my Synod will be debating them like crazy and since we don't allow women to read the Gospel or give a sermon in the Sanctuary for Scriptural and theological (Christological reasons), it will be down to the Episcopal who doesn't know his doctrine to lead us into the light!
B. They don't claim to be right or left, yet their members all seem to have no problem having a headline that praises "The Republican War on Science."
C. They had no headline for Steve Irwin who defended evolution education....oh wait, he wasn't a "real scientists" and he got along well with President Bush.......that's not allowed.
D. The Roman Catholics they have, like Dr. Kenneth Miller similarly doesn't seem to understand even the spirit of the late Pope John Paul II's comments concerning evolution needing to be guided by God......Miller seems to think that God set up the laws and He can manage to work within those laws (a very old philosophy).....however, he forgets that the Christian God is an active God who operates above nature several times because we are within nature and He needs to tell us several things (including that we are dumbasses).
E. I guess the very name including science would mean they can help me with improving chemistry education in my state.....oh no.....you only focus on evolution......that's kinda singleminded......oh, and you vehemently attack not just creationism (which shouldn't be taught in public schools) but also Intelligent Design (which has possibilities of being taught.....and the only people who think this is a new version of YEC need to actually read a book from the people they are debating.....because ID is not a new YEC.....AT ALL!!!) and even evidences against evolution. Are you telling me that I couldn't say that there is considerable problem with several taxa of animals because they can't be easily fit into the evolutionary scheme? You mean to tell me that Aphredoderus sayanus
has a urogenital opening in the neck region literally right behind the gills (on the anterior portion of the body) and this presents a problem because we have no idea how this evolved? Or I can't tell them that a problem with evolution is that it has little ability beside running to "preadaptation" and "luck" to account for the accompanied origins of complex structures and their behaviors? Or I can't tell them that it's really strange that we have whale fossils at the tops of the highest mountains on earth....meaning that they had to evolve before that mountian was thrust up? Or I can't point out that it looks pretty fucking odd on animations of the Indian subcontinent literally shooting up from Antarctica to slam into Asia in the Cenozoic (really, look for scotese paleomap project on google....it's amazing how it looks like it doesn't work) and that what might account for it is that our dating methods and stratigraphy may not be completely correct? Or I can't tell them that the Coelocanth was fossilzed before 400 million years ago.....and we thought it was extinct until we found it now (1930s) STILL ALIVE (that's a HUGE fossil gap!)!!! Or I can't tell them that we've found dinosaur red blood cells that were unfossilized and not heavily damaged (how they survived over 4000 years let alone 65 million is amazing)? Or I can't tell them that how the giraffe got a long neck might be explained by runaway sexual selection but the presence of a secondary pump in the neck to get the blood to the brain and the giraffe's ability to sleep only ~4 min. and be rested is a complete mystery which no mechanism of natural selection has yet to help solve? Why not? These are all very intriguing and important random facts that show that evolution might not be right. How about the presence of complex eyes in trilobites, box jellyfish, and ammonoids (or the current living nautilus)?
If you want to even begin to accept the creation account as legitimate you want me to explain every little fucking detail, but you're fine with retreating to "convergent evolution" to explain the independent origin of analogous structures for flight.......not once, not twice, but at least thrice!!! I'm sick of hearing "it's not hard to imagine that this moved here and that moved there and that became that and that started working in this regard" and so on.....because yes....it is hard to imagine that.
You claim that science doesn't retreat to the supernatural, and I agree. But to deny the possibility of the supernatural to affect the natural seems impossible for you, and that's sad because the possibility is pretty high considering all the stories that have been circulating since man was young. Try this....all you armchair skeptics out there that want "proof" (in whatever sense proof really means in science to your little minds), go to the Holy Sepulchre (tomb of Christ) on Holy Saturday of the Orthodox Calender, and observe how a fire will come down from the sky, light candles of those present, and the fire will not burn....even when you touch your skin, for an hour or two. This has video and photo evidence, and even the government wanted it investigated......and they witnessed it. Or perhaps we can take a note from G.K. Chesterton when he admonished those who would listen to the little old lady down the street about anything, but who thought she was crazy as soon as she tells them she saw a ghost.
That's all I have time for now......goodnight and God bless!